Deceit tests your instincts at trust and deception in a multiplayer first-person shooter. You wake up in an asylum to the sound of an unfamiliar voice, surrounded by five others. A third of your group have been infected with a virus, but who escape? Whilst traversing the building the power will be going out creating darkness, allowing the infected players to transform into their terror form and strike. Find allies and complete objectives around the map to better your chances of survival.
The environment has been specifically setup to cause conflict amongst the group, creating doubt about the true intentions of players. The infected will be trying to cover up their group sabotage attempts, whilst the rest will be keeping an eye out for this suspicious behaviour and attempt to join forces with people they think they can trust.
As you progress through the map you'll come across objectives that will help you survive and progress towards the exit. However, you will need to decide which is most important to you, and whether to collaborate or fight with other players over them. With each decision gives players more information and an indication to what team you're likely to be on. However, the perception of each action won't necessarily be seen as a fair representation to others about your intentions as the truth can be easily skewed.
There are blackout periods across the map which allow for the infected to transform into what's known as their terror form. In this form they are much faster, stronger, and have night vision, with only one weakness: light. In this form the infected are truly terrifying, and with an array of intense killing animations players will be able to create some scary but also funny moments.
Overall, the gameplay involves the frenzy of fast paced combat mixed with strategic map positioning, and of course the psychological aspects of determining who is infected.
v3.1.0 Patch Notes
- The main menu will now show the last character you played as. When viewing someone else's profile it'll show their last character too.
- Innocents can no longer shoot while being executed
- Terrors will now respawn with full health
- You can no longer switch weapons while using the inspection kit.
- You only get 10s of oxygen when going back outside in the arctic map (adjusted to be the same as the other maps)
- If you're outside in the arctic map when the lights go out you will be unable to get inside again.
- Fixed the issue with players missing previously unlocked emblems should have them now.
- Seasons 4 and 5 have had their diamond emblems enabled
- Fixed Hans and Nina voice reactions to lethal injection
- Fixed various Skin Fixes on Male T shirts, Rachel + Nina trousers
- Fixed bug where player was able to get inside of a box in the Arctic map
- Fixed the issue with the camera will misfiring when first equipped.
- Fixed the game not telling you to reload your client when changing language in the main menu.
- Fixed a bug where the end of your message would be truncated if you used a comma and, if infected, be sent to the infected chat.
- The UI will now show the number of players in queue while queuing
- Players will now receive their first game of the day EXP bonus
- Outlines are now hidden while being executed.
- The profile now has some updated tab icons
- You can now leave parties by clicking a cross next to your party in the sidebar
The Deceit Wiki is always looking for more contributors. If you are unsure of what to do or how to create a page, check out a few of the other articles and use them as an example. Nearly all pages can be edited, whether you're aiming to commit new sections or just fix the odd spelling mistake, every addition is welcome. If you have any questions about the wiki or helping out, feel free to contact one of the administrators.